Shipping from February 2020!
Kokong EV10 is the smallest, most user friendly EV/PHEV wall box on the market, at a price that makes it an alternative for everyone.
Did you know that up to 63% of EV/PHEV owners charge by plugging directly into their wall socket? That is dangerous and in some places illegal. (source: elbil.no).
For this to be legal you need to have a separate line installed by an electrician. Even then, it is still just a normal wall socket and only recommended for "emergency use".
Kokong EV10 solves this in an inexpensive, safe way that complies with regulations to give you a low-cost alternative to the expensive wall chargers.
So how does the Kokong EV/PHEV wall box provide value?
By providing the law enforced 10A limitation automatically, meaning only 10A can pass through the Kokong EV10, eliminating risk with your wall socket.
- elimimation of electric arc (lysbue) as the EV10 box cuts power immeditately if unplugged.
effective and safe charging through monitoring, and only consuming power when charging is needed.
Main key benefits of Kokong EV10:
- No installation needed. Just unpack, fix on wall and plug in.
- Makes charging of electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids safer
- Saves passive electricity consumption as EV10 automatically cuts power when charging is done or if charger left plugged in.
- Contributes to longer battery life of your vehicle as no overcharging is allowed.
- 24 hr auto cut-off: if you leave home and forget to remove charger from socket and/or your vehicle, Kokong EV10 with cut the power for you, eliminating risk of overheating or fire.
- Disconnects power if only charge cable is connected - only turns power on when you connect your vehicle.
- Only weights 0.5 kg - the smallest EV/PHEV wall charger on the market, saving materials, with an elegant design, and taking up little space in your garage.
PRICE: A game-changing price level of NOK 1.990,- (a "traditional" type wall box costs anywhere from NOK 8.000 -18.000 plus installation)
KOKONG EV10 WALL BOX was developed with the following in mind:
- Since 63% plug into their wall sockets, expensive fast charge boxes are not the most critical function for most people
- safety is important, especially safe night charging
- Simplicity - most people want to live their lives, no time/ prioritisation for more apps or technical installation.
- No expensive electrician costs - people invest in EV/PHEV cars to save money, reduce fossil fuel costs and hassle (environmental considerations)
- People want to save money, and money spent on electricity.
- An EV/PHEV wall box does not have to be big and clunky - it could be neat, discrete and look good.
- Carefully selected Nordic colours, inspired by Norwegian and Arctic nature.
- Certified, quality textile cable (1,5m, 16A)
- 230VAC to 5VDC and 3.3VDC.
- LED light guides indicating the power mode
- Circular recess for easy-inserting plugs in the dark
- Kokong EV10 has been programmed to a 10A capacity, meaning it automatically complies with enforced regulations.
- Kokong disconnects when it detects power that is not needed, saving you and the environment from power waste.
- Kokong works by way of detection and preprogramming. No Wi-fi connection or Bluetooth needed.
- High quality, UV resistant plastic casing (Makrolon)
- Operating conditions: -20 - 40 °C
- Storage conditions: -30 - 70 °C